Accessibility & Gluu
We’re committed to easy access to our content for everyone, regardless of technology or ability. Here’s how we are doing that.
Gluu Society is committed to providing a website accessible to the broadest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. Our design team takes guidance from many of the available standards and guidelines for web content accessibility. Gluu’s goal is to conform with Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 to do our part to make the web more user-friendly for all people. We strive to adhere to these accepted guidelines and standards, but it is not always possible to do so in all areas of our website.
These guidelines outline four main principles that state that sites should be:
- Perceivable: Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable: User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable: Information and the operation of the user interface must be understandable
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that our website is compatible with:
- Recent versions of popular browsers
- Recent versions of popular screen readers
- Recent version of operating systems
- Operating system screen magnifiers
- Speech recognition software
- Operating system speech software
Our website follows accessibility best practices by using the principles of universal design. This ensures the site is flexible and adaptable to different users’ needs or preferences and is accessible through various technologies, including mobile devices or assistive technologies.
This website helps improve the accessibility of our website for all users by:
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Maintaining colour/contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Providing skip to the top of page icon on every webpage
We are continually looking for solutions that will bring all areas of our website to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing our website, please don’t hesitate to get in touch through our Contact page.
Please review WAI’s Contacting Organizations about Inaccessible Websites page, and provide the information advised in your comments on our Contact page form. This will help us assist with any issues you may have.
Thanks for reading about accessibility design on our website. We welcome your feedback.
Figure out your technology and stay connected to the things you love