Teaching & Learning Resources
Course materials to help you teach digital skills & digital security
Gluu Essentials for Apple iPad and Samsung Tablets are complete courses, lesson plans & support to help volunteers teach essential digital skills and digital security to older adults. Here’s an overview.
Gluu Essentials for Apple iPad & Samsung Tablets
Modules to Master the Essentials
Gluu Essentials courses are designed to be completed in 5-10 virtual, online, or in-person classes, depending on student skill level. Content includes:
- How to get started with an iPad or Samsung Tablet
- Using the Camera app
- Setting up the Contacts app
- Searching and browsing securely
- Safely managing passwords
- Getting started with apps
- Secure email management
- Facebook basics
- Zoom basics
- Digital security basics
Resources for Trainers
Trainer time is valuable & teaching digital skills is challenging. Our resources make it easy. Here are some of the resources we have for your trainers:
- 8-10 learning modules with activities that engage learners of all skill levels.
- Lesson plans to make each module easy to teach. Modules are designed to be completed in 5-10 virtual or in-person classes depending on student skill level.
- Teaching guides and equipment lists to facilitate teaching older adults in virtual or in-person environments
- Secure online Student Journey Tracker to keep track of each student’s progress
- Course Completion certificates for graduating students (digital format ready for personalization and printing)
- Invitation to the Gluu Slack workspace to learn how to use our teaching & course materials
- Access to new & updated resources
- Get answers to student questions
- Join the conversation with other Digital Coaches.
- Student Journey Trackers easily keep track of student progress
Resources for Students
Older adults can take our Gluu Essentials Courses online (Fall 2022), use our printed Course Workbooks (available now) to study on their own or with the help of your organization. Here is a brief look at what’s covered:
- Printed Student workbooks that complement all courses. 96-pages with full colour images. Coil-bound with matte paper is perfect for note taking. Price: $25 per copy (plus shipping & taxes). Talk to us about minimum orders and how your organization can make money selling our Course Workbooks.
- Free Online Courses with video tutorials and detailed step-by-step instructions for students of all skill levels
- Courses include 10 learning modules with tips and useful ways to integrate new skills into daily routines
- 70+ easy-to-follow lessons with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Student Learning Checklists to track progress
- Glossary of terms
We are here to make it easy for your organization to teach digital skills.
- Social Media, website & email marketing assets (course descriptions, tips, fact sheets, blog posts, etc.)
- Fillable Posters to promote courses (printable & digital)
- Scheduling support to help teach virtual classes with multiple volunteers
- Info on equipment, class layout, scheduling
- CRC record check processing, if required ($30/check)
How can we help?
How We've Helped So Far
What is Gluu?
It’s an easy-to-remember word that starts a conversation.
Gluu makes digital skills stick. And, we stick with older adults as they learn to use technology. You get the idea.